Education empowers you for almost anything. With target and focused education you develop and acquire skills necessary for employment and business. Monitor and evaluate your skill requirements and adequacy consistently.
Definition: Education is the process of facilitating learning, or the acquisition of knowledge, skills, values, beliefs, and habits. Educational methods include teaching, training, storytelling, discussion and directed research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of educators. Wikipedia
Educators and teachers are for some interchangeable terms.
Importance of education
There are many different understandings and definitions of what education is. The universe agrees on the importance of education — and here is why:
1. Provides stability. Education provides stability in life, and it is something that no one can ever take away from you. If your education is good and hold a college degree, you will increase your chances for better career opportunities. You open up new doors for yourself.
2. Provides financial security. On top of stability, education also provides financial security, especially in today’s society. A good education tends to lead to a higher paying job, as well as provide you with the skills needed to get there.
3. Allows for self-dependency. The importance of education is evident when it comes to being self-dependent. It can allow you to not only be financially independent, but also to make your own choices.
4. Make your dreams come true. If you can dream it, you can achieve it. An education is the most powerful weapon you can possibly have, and with it, you can make all of your dreams come true.
Education empowers you
5. A safer world. Education is something that you not only need on a personal level, but also on a global level. So it’s something that keeps our world safe and makes it a more peaceful place.
6. Confidence. Being self-confident is a major part of being successful in life. And what better way to gain that confidence than with an education?
7. A part of society. In today’s society those around you consider an education as as a vital part to accept you. And it is the belief an education makes you a useful part of society. You can feel like a contributing member as well.
8. Economic growth on a national level. An educated society is crucial for economic growth. Again, we need people to continue to learn and research in order to constantly stay innovative.
9. Can protect you. Education can protect you more than you know, not only on a financial level. It can help to prevent that you will not sign any bogus documents. READ THE ABOVE AGAIN AND MUCH MORE: University of the People
Types of education
There are three main types of education, namely, Formal, Informal and Non-formal. See for an excellent essay for these types of education: Passion in Education
Plato and Rousseau are the most important world famous educationists who have contributed much to the advancement of human civilization. Present education system of the world stands on both the above thinkers.
Plato’s educational philosophy grounded his famous work in ‘The Republic’, ‘The Laws’. It stipulated the individual serves best when he is a subordinate to a just society. Rousseau wrote in his book ‘Emile’, ‘Discourse of Political Economy’, ‘The New Heloise’ and ‘Considerations on the Government of Poland’. See the complete article: UKessays
Education empowers you
Profile of an educator
When communities create a Profile of an Educator (PoE) they set a vision for defining and developing the holistic skills they value in their teachers and school leaders. Examples of these characteristics could include: caring, courage, openness to feedback, imagination, dedication, having a positive outlook, etc. Also read Medium
Methods to improve professionalism for educators
A. Improve punctuality. It seems basic to be on time, but often the basics are forgot.
B. Meet deadlines. Turn in Paperwork. Along with being on time goes meeting deadlines.
C. Pay attention to and meet objectives. Make sure you stay close to the course standards. Do not get on the side-track.
D. Improve efficiency. Outcomes are not so much measured in education, traditionally, as other fields. There is no end “product” which that you can measure quantitatively or qualitatively.
E. Show respect for colleagues and students. Set boundaries with courtesy.
F. Refrain from negativity and office gossip. Easy, just do not! 😊
G. Volunteer for extra assignments and committee work. Another way to increase professionalism is to volunteer for extra assignments and committee work.
H. Engage in continuing education. There are always ways the teacher/educator can improve on all levels. They should engage in lifelong learning and personal development.
See Busy Teacher for a comprehensive report on the above methods for improvement.
Education empowers you
What is the best predictor of success in a person’s life, including success in education? When it comes to predicting the latter, psychologist and former educator Dr. Angela Lee Duckworth says we need to better understand students and learning from a motivational and psychological perspective. Sometimes, there are intangible factors that lead to student success, such as a person’s ability to takes risks, persevere, and innovate. Read the full perspective Laura Evans from GPB
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. Benjamin Franklin
Education is one of the most powerful things in life. Norbert Juma
Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. Malcolm X
The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. Aristotle
Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. Albert Einstein
Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil. C.S. Lewis
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. W.B. Yeats
Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow. Anthony J. D’Angelo
Upon the subject of education … I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people may be engage in. Abraham Lincoln
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
Nine-tenths of education is encouragement. Anatole France
Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” Robert Frost
Education opens up the mind, expands it and allows you to improve your life in so many ways. Henrik Edberg
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. Andy McIntyre
The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn …and change. Carl Rogers
Why should society feel responsible only for the education of children, and not for the education of all adults of every age? Erich Fromm